2013 marks our fifth year in attending the National Stationery Show (NSS); however, we haven’t always been known as “StationeryHQ”. In the first few years, we appeared as our corporate brand, PrintHQ, and our retail brand, Frecklebox. Nevertheless, we have always been StationeryHQ behind the scenes, and since then, we’ve been steadily growing with your continued loyalty and support.
We’ve learned a lot through these past couple of years, and we’d like to share some of that knowledge with you. At this year’s NSS, we had the pleasure of meeting and greeting many of our customers, and we gathered some of their thoughts and opinions on paper.
Here’s the Survey Round-up for NSS 2013:
1. Did you know about StationeryHQ.com before wandering aimlessly into our booth?
- 34% : Nope! Not a clue.
- 66% : Absolutely! How could I not?
2. What prevents you from doing more business?
- 21% : My site does not have personalization technology.
- 12% : My site does not accept orders.
- 17% : I have tons of business so don’t get all up in my face about it. (Sorry!)
- 50% : Other
3. What’s your biggest manufacturing challenge? Although some don’t manufacture, here are our visitors’ top five biggest manufacturing challenges:
- Time/ Shipping times
- Printing and quality
- Custom services (on metallics, letterpress, foil, lamination, envelope conversion)
- Finding partners/vendors
4. Have you ever tried personalized direct mail to get new business?
- 18% : Yes
- 71% : No
- 11% : WTF?
5. Do you totally wish we offered a printed proof for under $10?
- 66% : Totally.
- 22% : Not even a little bit.
- 12% : It’s complicated.
6. What do you wish we offered on StationeryHQ.com? Here’s a snapshot of their wishes:
- More paper stock options, such as colored and wood
- More double thick sizes, such as coasters
- Larger magnetic postcards
- Tote/gift bags
- Home Decor
- Laser cut
- Custom tissue
…and that’s it for the 2013 NSS Survey Round-up. We’re working through the survey list to see which products/services we can add this year.
Do you agree/disagree with what our booth visitors said? Share your “two-cents” in the comments section below!
We hope to see you all again next year!