With Holidays coming quickly I thought now would be a good time to let you know about some of the key factors that will ensure your projects print beautifully. You probably know most of this already, but just in case…
1. Thin borders will rarely come out even. We batch and print large volumes so we can offer the best prices, this requires automated processes. If you can’t live without a border, make sure that it’s a minimum of 1/4″ (not including bleed).
2. Teensy weensy type in anything but black will be hard to read cuz it’s made up of cmyk dots. I’m not saying you shouldn’t use colored type, just be prepared if you do a 6pt serif in a pale aloe. (yes, as a matter of fact, I have tried that– how do you think I know about these pitfalls???)
3. Matching colors on multiple pieces is hard to pull off on an automated job, how about complimentary colors? More on this
4. Die cuts make a cool card into an awesome card but they take a couple more days of production time so plan ahead.
5. Quality files make quality stationery, here’s a guide to ultimate file set up: Digital Print Files
6. We have a Frequently Asked Questions page on our site that might have some helpful nuggets for you: SHQ FAQ